Demand for Proposals 2020
Females, Arts & Equitable Social Change
Deadline to put on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes culture can play a important part in any technique for social change. We help Asian United states female artists and organizations that are women-led NYC which are utilizing arts and tradition to:
- Result in social change that prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical problems that affect Asian US females, girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s role that is central leaders, creators, designers and supervisors among these jobs.
In this give period, we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available financing. The utmost grant quantity is $15,000. For a description of previous project grants, be sure to see our site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
PLEASE BE AWARE: beginning this and moving forward, AWGC strongly encourages individual artists to apply year. We’re doubling down on our dedication to support bold and innovate creative vision across all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Started in 2005, the AWGC is just a collaboration of Asian US ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and tradition to bring about modern modification. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to invest in tasks led by Asian women that are american utilize their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Whom Our Company Is
Created in 2005, the AWGC is really a collective of Asian US ladies in new york who will be passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to effect change that is progressive. We have been a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for females, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual musicians and community groups whose tasks subscribe to progressive social and governmental modification. Since our founding, we now have raised and granted over $1 million meant for over 80 jobs.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and resources that are pool fund tasks led by Asian US women that use their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Our objectives are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage more folks to buy imaginative jobs by and for our communities
- Shine a spotlight that is authentic our experiences and tales
- Improve modern change that is social
- Enhance the visibility of Asian US females doing work that is philanthropic
- This RFP is available to both 501()( that is c) companies and specific musicians
- Artists and collectives which are not 501(c)(3)s must use under a financial sponsor this is certainly a 501(c)(3) company, that they must record on the application due to the fact using company.
- NOTE: Failure to deliver 501()( that is c) documents or to give a financial sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the applying.
- All creative procedures is supposed to be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Candidates should explain the way they want to determine and determine effect
- Jobs must:
- Integrate the arts in a way that is integral
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or role that is central
- Display a deep dedication to a certain community in NYC
- Hardly ever, we’re going to help a task which have national effect
- Grants must certanly be put on specific jobs and cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Candidates could be at any phase within their professions but will need to have a history of developed work that shows their ability to complete the proposed project and handle the funds required
Everything We Do Not Fund
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to handle monetary crises or shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative phrase with little to no or no social justice impact
- Documentation this is certainly primarily of social activities
- Shows or personalities which do not give a social modification analysis or social justice focus
- Pupil productions or tasks related to a level system and credit that is academic
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a list that is short of. These finalists are then voted on by all donors that have added to the pool that is grantmaking via ballot. Last grant allocation choices are produced because of the Steering Committee and presented to your financial sponsor, the Ms. Foundation for ladies. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications will undoubtedly be evaluated because of the AWGC Steering Committee based on:
- The caliber of the task concept with regards to social modification
- The prospective effect regarding the task to improve hearts, minds and communities towards equitable social modification
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a specific community in NYC (noting once more that individuals have actually rarely funded a task which has had nationwide range)
- The main part of Asian US women and girls within the project’s framework that is conceptual design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to perform the task and make use of the grant funds efficiently
- Notification of Grant Awards will Source likely be made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees is going to be necessary to submit a narrative and report that is financial the finish of this grant 12 months (June 2021)
Simple tips to utilize
This RFP is administered through the funds portal for the Ms. Foundation for females. Applications is supposed to be accepted ONLY via this process that is online.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please supply a copy of one’s organization’s IRS tax-exempt dedication page. When your tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a financial sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many current IRS dedication page along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes sponsorship that is fiscal. Please usually do not connect a duplicate of the social protection or individual taxation status. We could just accept a 501(c)(3) page from your own organization or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Examples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work examples and supplemental movie application are optional but motivated. Work test should preferably be a representation that is current of project’s proposed tasks. ON LINE SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed samples will never be came back. Make sure to mark your test aided by the name of the company and task.
Acceptable work examples are:
- Url to online video clip, CD or DVD (maximum. Three minutes in size); please include cue instructions and URL (if sharing online test) in narrative above
- Complex copies or pictures or scanned pictures (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (maximum pages that are 10-12 – we shall NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples could be mailed to your address that is following needs to be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for females
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the format that is following
- Type, make use of a 12-point font size and single-space
- Answer all of the relevant concerns within the order detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( perhaps maybe maybe not including work sample if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format